~The Change~
6.23.01
The shores recede
The sun sets low
Warm sand comforts my tired feet
My hair dances in the wind's gentle blow
I walk a path of uncertainty
In a destiny all of my own
No one can no longer stray me
I walk this path alone
The stars shine above
the moon is bright
Tides began to push and shove
It is an eerie black night
I stand here with all I have
No longer lost in despair or pain
This fear was never who I am
In this life I have all to gain
Dawn begins to break
The sea turns green
Sprays of water lose their quake
Crabs begin their daily routine
I sit here with a smile
Watching all around my body
I haven't walked a mile
But I've lost the need
The sky is blue today
The sand is almost white
Birds flock down a ways
Everything wakes from night
I stand to journey on
Forever found in happiness
I've learned to move along
With a world of gentle discoveries.
No comments:
Post a Comment